Here’s a delicious and healthy soup to keep you warm during these last few days of Winter!
So, here’s what you need:
- 1 Head Cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (or more, depending on your tastes)
- 1 very small onion, or 1/2 a medium onion, minced
- 1 1/2 C Chicken Broth (Possibly a few Tbsp more later if its too thick)
- 1 1/2 C Almond Milk
- 1/2 C Plain Greek Yogurt
- 6 Chives, Chopped
- 4 Slices Turkey Bacon, Crumbled (Try and find some without nitrites, I found some at the health food store.)
- Fresh shredded cheddar…just a bit for garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste (I used lots of both!)
And here’s how you cook it:
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add your cauliflower. Boil until very tender; about 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the bacon in a pan and begin cooking it, turning a few times until it is cooked through and ready to be crumbled. If it is not rendering enough grease, you can add a Tbsp of butter or so.
3. Chop your chives, onion, and garlic.
4. When cauliflower is done cooking, drain and place in a soup pot, or the same pot you already used. Make sure it is over medium heat.
5. Add broth and almond milk. Bring to a boil!
6. When bacon is done, remove from pan. Now add the onions (not the green ones) and garlic to the bacon grease and sauté until tender. Add to soup.
7. Using an immersion blender and blend until smooth and creamy. OR if you are cool like me and don’t have fancy gadgets like that…put the soup in a blender in batches and whiz until creamy.
8. Add the sour cream and half your chives and stir in.
9. Salt and pepper to taste.
10. Garnish with more chives, some fresh shredded cheddar, and crumbled bacon…and maybe a few more cranks of fresh black pepper if you are like me